Your gift to Hughes Hall

Thank you for deciding to make a gift to Hughes Hall. Your support is extremely valuable to us, and we depend on alumni and friends just like you to ensure we continue to provide the best for our talented students.

Donation Information
£     *
Additional Information
Type of gift:

   What is Gift Aid?
Billing Information
Payment Information
 /  (Maestro/Switch/Solo only)
 (Maestro/Switch/Solo only)
help *
  Note: The Card Security Code is not required for Maestro, Switch and Solo cards.
Matching Gifts

Gift Aid - Make your gift go further

If you are a UK taxpayer, you can GiftAid your donation at no cost to yourself by ticking the box on the form above. This will allow us to reclaim a further 20% from HMRC which you have already paid in tax. You can apply GiftAid to any donations you make up to the value of the tax you have paid in the current financial year. For example, if you give a gift of £100, by ticking GiftAid, we will be able to reclaim a further £20 from the Government. To GiftAid your donation, simply tick the box in the form above. Please see below for the official GiftAid statement you opt to apply GiftAid.

Higher rate tax payers may also be able to reclaim the difference between standard and higher rate tax, making it even easier to support the College in a tax efficient manner - worked examples can be found here.

Gift aid Declaration

Boost your donation by 25p of Gift Aid for every £1 you donate.

Gift Aid is reclaimed by the charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year. Your address is needed to identify you as a current UK taxpayer.

I want to Gift Aid my donation to Hughes Hall, University of Cambridge.

I am a UK taxpayer and understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all of my donations in that tax year it is my responsibility to pay any difference.

Please notify us if you: 

  • Want to cancel this declaration 
  • Change your name or home address
  • No longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains

If you pay Income Tax at the higher or additional rate and want to receive the additional tax relief due to you, you must include all your Gift Aid donations on your Self-Assessment tax return or ask HM Revenue and Customs to adjust your tax code.